Thursday, December 20, 2007

Places to go...

just a quick post. been a couple of days now, and have done a couple of new things to "write home about"
I went with Norunn and Miguel to their children school for a Christmas party where i again tasted some typical Mexican thing. it was some sort of Tortilla coated with caramel. dunno how i shall describe the taste. wasn't the best I have tried, but it went down.

Yesterday we went out to a village, and handed out some food packages and had a meeting sharing the gospel. Even though i didn't really understand much, it was great just being there.

Today I had to take all my stuff over to Louis's house, where I will spend the rest of my days in Culiacan, before I leave for Mazatlan, and my school.
Anyhow, after he and his beautiful girlfriend picked me up, we went to the store to buy some food. not for us, but for 4 families that a group from Norway (including my family) have collected money to build. I have posted a link to youtube with one of those houses on an earlier post.
We bought the food, and brought it all to their houses. It was really great being able to help people in this season of sharing.

Now I'm sitting here, waiting until we're leaving to Guadalajara to see some other part of the country. for Mexican people 8-9 hrs of bus is no big deal, but for a Norwegian like me, its a LONG drive.

well. anyhow, need to go pack my stuff for the trip

Share what you have, and it will also gain you. even though it is "just" to make you feel better.

Have a blessed weekend

-Magnus

No comments: